We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to accept these cookies. You can change your cookies settings at any time.

Get a health or social care service

Information request to Health and Social Care Connect:
Agencies and professional staff requesting information from Health and Social Care Connect should use our Information request online form.

During office hours you can also phone Health and Social Care Connect on:

Outwith office hours (after 4:45pm Monday to Thursday, or 3:55pm on a Friday and at weekends):

Do you need support to contact us? You can get help as follows:

  • If English is not your first language then please let us know which language you speak and we’ll arrange for an interpreter to contact you
  • If BSL is your first language then you can contact us using the Contact Scotland app

You can also visit a local office where a member of staff will help arrange the support you need to contact us.

Keeping you safe – all adults and children have the right to be safe from harm. If you are worried about yourself, or someone else, being at risk of harm or abuse, including neglect, then it is important to tell someone. If they are in immediate danger, phone 999. If they are not in immediate danger, you can contact report your concerns to Health and Social Care Connect on 0141 287 0555 or, for adults, complete an online adult support and protection referral.

What happens when you contact us?
We provide a range of community health and social care services for citizens of Glasgow, alongside our partners who support community groups and voluntary services within Glasgow City.

When you contact us, we will ask you some questions about your needs and the support that you require (or the person who you are contacting us on behalf of). We call this an ‘assessment’ and it is a conversation between us, yourself and your carer, if you have one. These questions let us know what matters to you and helps us identify the support and advice you need to help you live as independent a life as you can. Sometimes it will only take a matter of days to identify the support you need, and for others it may take some time. After our conversation with you, you may or may not need input from social work and health. We may recommend other people, places or services who can support and assist you with your needs better. An example of the help and support you may need includes linking you to supports in your community, healthcare, equipment, help in your home or residential care, support for carers and support for children and families.

There is also more information available on:

  • our eligibility criteria for adult and older people social care services. You can also use our online checker which will advise if you are eligible for an HSCP Social Care Service. Not everyone will qualify for a service – we may only be able to provide information, advice, guidance or signposting to people assessed as not eligible for a service
  • charging policy for social care services
  • paying for your services (also called client contribution) If we agree that you need a social care service then most people will have to make some contribution towards the cost of the social care service that they use. The guides tells you how we work out how much you need to pay

Health care service

In a medical emergency for suspected stroke or heart attack or serious illness or injury phone 999.

999 and Accident and Emergency should only be used for serious illness or injuries. This means that essential treatment is given to those who need it as quickly as possible.

For immediate advice (when GP surgery or dental practice is closed) phone NHS 24 on 111.

You will be put through to a health professional who will talk to you about your symptoms. They may arrange for you to see a GP or dentist if necessary. You can also visit the NHS 24 website.

If you have a minor injury, such as a cut that needs stitches, broken bone, sprain or minor burn, then phone NHS 24 on 111 and ask for the Minor Injuries Unit service. NHS will give you advice on what to do next. This may include a video or telephone consultation or a face-to-face appointment at a NHS Minor Injury Unit.

Health and Social Care Connect Animation

We produced an animation for more information on Health and Social Care Connect.

Back to top