Arts in the City
To access this service you can be referred by your local social work office .
The "Arts in the City" project exists to help improve the lives and life chances of Looked After and Looked After and Accommodated children and young people and care leavers through engagement and involvement in the arts. It does this by programming art activities developed and designed specifically for this client group; signposting to appropriate community provision and brokering and developing creative interventions with internal and external agencies who serve this client group , identifying and challenging barriers.
The project‘s aims are:
- To support young people to develop their social networks, skills and confidence through participation in community-based arts activities.
- To increase the number of young people leaving care participating in the Arts in Glasgow
- To provide opportunities for young people to participate in arts activities in a way that is responsive to their needs and abilities.
- To support young people to interact with others in an environment which supports the development of communication, team working and listening skills.
- To provide a safe environment for young people in/leaving care to express themselves using a variety of means.
8 to 25 year olds
The page was last updated on 20 November 2017
c/o Continuing Care Services
17 Parson Street
0141 302 2800