You can contact this service direct.
Crossroads Caring Scotland is a charity with over 35 years experience of providing support for vulnerable people and their carers. We support people of all ages regardless of their illness or disability. Whether the person being cared for is a loved one living with terminal cancer, an elderly relative with dementia, or a young person living with a disability requiring life-long care, our highly trained and professional staff are well equipped to provide the right support at the right time.
We know how important it is that the care provider you choose understands your individual needs and is able to provide personalised support of the highest quality. Our service is able to deliver packages of care that are focused on the social care needs of the individuals and are designed to :
Improve the quality of life
Support people to live independently at home
Enable carers and service users to benefit from a regular, meaningful break
Our care services are provided within the home, but whenever possible, we also aim to assist service users to spend some time away from home to enjoy activities within their local community.
- Respite for the carer - giving the carer that much needed break to take some ‘me time’ back, enabling the carer to cope better and for a longer time in their caring role
- Befriending - taking the cared for person back into the community on outings of their choice
- Escort service e.g. accompanying the visually impaired person to college classes, social events
- Personal care i.e. help with feeding and bathing
- Domestic support i.e. light household duties