This Portal for Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) is run by Social Work Services being a department of Glasgow City Council, a local authority established under the Local Government etc (Scotland) Act 1994 and having its head office at City Chambers, George Square, Glasgow G2 1DU (‘the Council’, ‘we’ or ‘us’). The organisation that is using your personal details is the Council.
‘Account’ means an online account that you may create to access the registered section of the Portal;
‘Online Services’ means the services provided by us via the Portal as such online services are more particularly described in the Portal User Terms;
‘Portal’ means the Your Support Your Way Glasgow portal/website from which the online services are accessible;
‘Portal User Terms’ means the separate terms and conditions that govern use of the Portal and such terms and conditions will apply to all users;
‘Provider Services’ means the services supplied by the providers, organisations or groups/networks and listed on the Portal;
‘Providers’ means the company, organisation, group/network or person responsible for making available and delivering the Provider Services;
‘User’ or ‘you’ means you, the user of the online services; and
‘Website’ means the web pages accessible at the URL www.yoursupportglasgow.org or any other URL determined by us from time to time.
- The Council is the data controller of this personal data for purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner under Notification No. Z4871657. All information submitted to the Council is processed strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
- We collect information from you:
- when you request online services or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.);
- from your usage of the Portal and any other information you e-mail or otherwise send to us;
- if you are a provider, when you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.); and
- if you are a user and you register and create an account, when you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.).
- We use your information to:
- enable us to set up accounts for users;
- enable us to list provider services on the Portal; and
- provide users with access to the relevant parts of the Portal.
In addition, we may use your information to:
- enable us to supply you with the online services and information that you have requested;
- analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop the online services we offer;
- analyse the information we collect from you in order that we can examine trends and patterns in the information;
- contact you in order to send you details of our online services or any other services that may be of interest to you;
- contact you for your views on our online services; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and the online services.
We may contact you by post as well as by e-mail.
- Disclosure of Your Information - Users
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. We will only provide your personal information to third parties where that is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.
Unless required to do for the reasons outlined below, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information – Providers
If you are a provider, we may disclose to other users the information that you have provided to us for the purposes of them searching, reviewing, saving and considering the provider services that you offer and information in relation to such provider services.
We will not otherwise provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or any other purpose.
Unless required to do for the reasons outlined below, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information that you provide to us without your consent.
- Confidentiality – Users/Providers
- disclosure is made at your request or with your consent; or
- disclosure of the information is in our legitimate interests where the disclosure does not cause unwarranted prejudice; or
- we are required to do so by law; or
- there is a duty to the public to disclose the information.
In particular you should note that the Council is under a legal obligation to safeguard public funds and so in all cases we reserve the right to check the information you have provided for accuracy in order to detect fraud. This may involve data matching exercises where we compare different sets of data that we hold for unusual matches or discrepancies. This may also include matching Council data with external data sources such as information held by credit reference agencies. We also participate in anti-fraud data matching exercise carried out by other agencies such as the National Fraud Initiative (operated on behalf of Audit Scotland) and the Housing Benefit Matching Service (conducted on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions).
By law we are obliged to provide information to certain other public bodies such as the Department for Work and Pensions, HM Revenues and Customs and various external regulatory bodies. We also have an obligation to assist in the prevention of crime and we will therefore generally supply specific information that we are asked to provide to the police or other crime detection agencies, provided we are satisfied that the request is connected to an investigation and that disclosure would be proportionate.
- Cookies – Users/Providers
The website/portal uses ‘cookies’.
A ‘cookie’ is a piece of software that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about the configuration of your computer.
We use this information to track your movements through the Portal, to find out how it is being used and to assess its usefulness. Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
We use persistent cookies if you have registered or subscribed with us online. These cookies allow us to make the logging-in process easier and more secure. They will also be used to recognise you when you return to the Portal. We also use session cookies that will hold your data on the Portal until such time as you logout.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to aboutcookies.org. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, your use of our Portal may be less efficient.
If you choose to change your browser settings, you will still be able to use the Portal.
- Security – Users
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
If you have registered an account, please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
- Your Rights – Users/Providers
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held by us in our records. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- Contact Us – Users/Providers
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information provided via the Portal then please email email@example.com.