Alcohol and drugs

Service available

Glasgow Alcohol and Drug Recovery Services offer open access to all and therefore receive referrals from a wide range of services but also welcome self-referrals, either through drop in or by telephone. They provide a range of care and treatment options for people living in Glasgow affected by drugs or alcohol. These services include:

  • alcohol support and treatment, including community detoxification and protective medications
  • drug support and treatment, including opiate replacement therapy
  • support with a range of social issues
  • support to young people affected by alcohol or drug issues
  • support and treatment services to parents affected by alcohol or drug problems
  • support and treatment services to those involved in offending and affected by alcohol or drug problems
  • access to community-based and residential Alcohol Related Brain Damage services
  • access to employability services
  • harm reduction advice and interventions
  • needle replacement
  • Blood Borne Virus testing and treatment
  • access to alcohol and drug Tier 4 services – psychiatry, psychology, occupational therapy and hospital services (specialist in-patient and outpatients)
  • assertive outreach is offered both from locality teams and the Crisis Outreach Service
  • access to residential rehabilitation services
  • access to Drug Crisis Centre and Link up
  • access to community Recovery Hubs
  • signposting to a range of support services and recovery communities

How to get a service

You can contact your local Alcohol and Drug Recovery Service. If the service is for your own addiction issues then an assessment of need will be carried out. You can also get help from:

How to get help urgently

If you have a life threatening emergency, phone 999.

If you just need help with your addiction then within office hours, you can contact your local Alcohol and Drug Recovery Service. where you will be given an urgent appointment.

Out with office hours if the service is open, we will try to accommodate you. If we cannot, and you have a drug problem, phone Glasgow Alcohol and Drug Crisis Centre on 0141 420 6969.

If you have an alcohol problem, please contact your own GP or out of hours service.

You can also access information and advice from Drinkline, phone 0300 123 1110.

Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Service can contacted by phone on 0300 343 1505.

You can also contact NHS 24 by phoning 111.