Volunteering and befriending
Volunteering can make a real difference to your own life and the lives of people around you.
Giving just a little of your time to help out a charity, community group or hospital, for example, can make you feel a lot happier and healthier too!
There are hundreds of volunteering opportunities in Glasgow looking for people like you to help.
Who can help me find volunteering opportunities?
Volunteer Glasgow can help you to find volunteering opportunities to match your skills and abilities.
Below are some example of how a befriender could help you
- offer regular contact through visits or phone calls
- offer emotional support and a listening ear
- assist you with reading or writing
- go out with you for a cup of tea or coffee
- share hobbies and interests with you
- accompany you to clubs or appointments
How it works
A befriending co-ordinator will match you with a befriender by:
- will discuss your needs and interests
- identifying a suitable befriender
- making introductions
- keeping in touch with both you and the befriender regularly
The Befriending Networks can help you find a service in your area.