Getting support

Are you looking after someone who lives in Glasgow? If you are, then this information is here to guide you through services and supports that may be available for you.

Who is an adult carer?

An adult carer is someone over the age of 18 who provides or intends to provide unpaid care to a relative, partner or friend. This could be caring for someone who is ill, frail, disabled or has poor mental health or substance misuse problems.

Who is a young carer?

A young carer is a person under the age of 18 who provides or who intends to provide care for an adult or child needing care, except where the child needs care solely due to their age.

Other languages

Information is available in a variety of community languages on the Minority Ethnic Carers of People Project (MECOPP) website.

You can call them by telephone on 0131 467 2994.

Further support and information on being a carer, and services available can be found in the sections below.