How To Access a Carer Service

To access a carers service you can either:

  1. complete a self referral form according to your locality; South, North East and North West       or
  2. ask for a carers self referral from your local Carers Services.
  3. Information can be provided in Arabic, Polish, Romanian, Urdu and Mandarin

To find out what supports are available to you can ask Social Work Services for an assessment of need for the child, adult or older person you are caring for.

There are steps you need to take if you are a carer;
• let your GP know if you are a carer
• talk to your GP if your caring responsibilities have changed 
• Contact your GP immediately if any health issues you might have relating to caring e.g.back problems