How To Access a Carer Service
Glasgow Carers Partnership's Carers Information Line provides information about how people who have a caring role can be supported.
If you want to talk to someone about your rights and supports available, please call 0141 353 6504 (office hours) or visit Carers Information Line (this service is managed by GAMH). The information line is open to unpaid carers, family, friends and professionals.
To access a carers service you can either:
- complete a self referral form according to where you live (see map below); South, North East and North West
- ask for a carers self referral from your local Carers Services or via the Carers Information Line.
- Information can be provided in Arabic, Polish, Romanian, Urdu and Mandarin.
To find out what supports are available to you can ask Social Work Services for an assessment of need for the child, adult or older person you are caring for.
There are steps you need to take if you are a carer:
- let your GP know if you are a carer
- talk to your GP if your caring responsibilities have changed
- Contact your GP immediately if any health issues you might have relating to caring e.g.back problems