Asylum and refugee services

Are you currently in Home Office accommodation via MEARS in Glasgow and have received leave to remain in the UK? If yes, then you will need to vacate your Home Office accommodation. If you wish to make a homeless application in Glasgow you should contact the Asylum and Refugee Service at:

  • phone 0141 222 7352
  • address
    Asylum and Refugee Team
    44 South Portland Street Glasgow
    G5 9JJ

If you need an asylum service then please use the address or phone number above.

Making an Asylum Claim in Scotland

If you are wishing to make a claim for asylum and require accommodation you must phone Migrant Helps phone line on 0300 123 4193. Help via this phone line is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Outwith these hours you must present to a Police Station. Please note Glasgow City Council have NO duty to accommodate you if you are claiming asylum. That duty lies with the Home Office and its partners.

Check if you can apply for homeless help

You can apply to the council to get somewhere to live if you're homeless or you’ll become homeless within 8 weeks. If you’re not a British citizen and you’ve been rough sleeping, your right to stay in the UK might be affected. You can check if you can apply for homeless help

Other sources of help

The following organisations may provide you with help: